Earning commissions with Atlantis Events is easy, but there are a few rules. Please pay careful attention to the following guidelines and you’ll be on your way to joining our valuable partnership team in no time.
- Six Easy Steps to Earning Commission
- Agent Commissions
- Client Protection
- Client Privacy
- Agency Discounts
- Agency Eligibility
- Additional Rules
- For US based agents only: Complete a W-9 and submit to email@example.com. You can download a blank W-9 here.
- Become an Atlantis Events Insider and stay up to date on all things gay cruise related by entering your email address in the lower right-hand corner of any page on this site. Also, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/atlantiseventsand join our Facebook groups for the individual events.
Making a Booking
- All bookings are made by phone or email and must be accompanied by a valid form of payment at the time of booking. We do not hold options on rooms or rooms without payment. To make a booking by phone, call Atlantis Events at 310.859.8800 between 9:00am and 5:30pm Pacific Standard Time Monday through Friday.
We’ll need the following information:
- Vacation to be Booked
- Guest’s Legal Name (as it appears on their passport)
- Date of Birth
- Guest’s Email Address (required, one unique address per guest booked)
- Guest’s Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Form of Payment for the Initial Deposit. If by credit card, please have the number, expiration date, security code, and billing address.
- The following types of payment methods are accepted for all bookings:
- Credit card in the name of the guest(s) traveling in the stateroom. No other credit cards, including agency cards, are accepted.
- Agency or guest check. Note that checks are not accepted within 14 days of sailing.
- Direct bank transfer in the form of a wire transfer, PayPal, ACH deposit, or similar method. The sender is responsible for all fees associated with all electronic payments including intermediary fees.
Reservation Management for Atlantis Events Bookings
- Once you’ve made a reservation and a room has been assigned, you and your client will receive a confirmation by email. This completed form provides Atlantis Events with:
- Client’s required acknowledgment of our Terms & Conditions. You may view our Terms & Conditions including our cancellation policy here.
- Authorization for the charges made to your client’s credit card
Our office must receive this completed and signed confirmation form within 10 business days following the booking date. If you are unable to meet this deadline, it is the agent’s responsibility to notify Atlantis Events of the delay and the anticipated completion date within those 10 business days.
- Two weeks prior to the following payment milestones, agents are required to verify that the originally registered credit card for each of their guests remains valid and can be used for the payments:
- 180 Days Before Departure
- 90 Days Before Departure
If the card is rejected at the time of processing, the agent will have five business days to secure a new form of payment for the booking and communicate those details back to Atlantis Events.
- Approximately 2 months prior to departure, your clients will receive an email directly from Atlantis Events with cruise line documentation and online registration details. Atlantis Events will provide you with an email reminder that these documents have been sent. This will allow you to follow-up with your booked clients and answer any questions they may have.
Atlantis Events, Inc. (parent company to Atlantis Events Vacations), pays commission to our travel agents as representatives of Atlantis and Atlantis Events Vacations. You are ultimately responsible for making sure these six steps are followed completely for our mutual clients. While we’ll always be there to lend a hand in a moment of need, it’s ultimately your responsibility to take care of all the administrative tasks outlined here. In circumstances where we have to handle any of these items because of agent inaction, commission will be denied at our discretion.
Effective January 1, 2017, combined total sales of all Atlantis and Atlantis Events Vacation events in dollar terms will be the metric used to determine your commission basis. Your sales will be calculated at the end of each year. This final number will determine your commission basis for the following calendar year. Please note that your 2017 payouts will be based on your agency’s 2016 total dollar sales amount across both brands, according to the following table:
|Total Combined Sales||Commission Earned|
|Up to $50,000||10%|
|$50,001 – $150,000||11%|
Only your clients’ base cruise fare (minus any discounts) is commissionable. Taxes and gratuities, as well as any additional items such as hotels, airfare, transfers, etc. booked by Atlantis/Atlantis Events Vacations are non-commissionable.
Commission Terms & Conditions
- Commissions will be paid within 30 days after the conclusion of each trip.
- When an agency pays by check or wire on behalf of their client(s), earned commission may be deducted from the check/wire for that final payment once the amount has been verified in writing by our accounting department.
- All commission disputes or requests for missing checks must be submitted in writing within 120 days after the conclusion of each vacation event, otherwise all challenge rights are forfeited.
- Commission checks will be written out to the Travel Agency as a corporate entity, not to individual agents.
- Commission checks expire 180 days after check issuance. Non-deposited checks will not be reissued after they expire.
- Paid upgrades made onboard by your clients are non-commissionable.
- A $100 fee will be charged to your client for transferring posted payments from one credit card to another. This fee covers the credit card fees for refunding the original charge, the charge on the new credit card, and all administrative costs.
- Bounced or returned checks will be assessed $50 for the first offense and $100 for all subsequent offenses.
- There is a $45 fee assessed on all commission payments made by wire.
- A booking’s commission will be reduced to zero for any booking that is not completed with a signed confirmation form within 30 days of the reservation or 3 days before sailing, whichever is sooner. There are no exceptions to this, and it is the agent’s responsibility to make sure that their client returns our signed confirmation form prior to departure.
Once you book a client on an Atlantis Events vacation, they will continue to remain your client on all future bookings. Unless we receive notification directly from the client requesting to change agencies, any future reservations booked by that client will be credited to the original agent booking them with Atlantis Events, assuming all six of the requirements listed here have been met.
On most Atlantis Events vacations, we conduct a sales event where guests are typically offered an onboard booking discount on future trips with us. When we accept “rebooking” reservations during our vacations, the client always remains your client. You will receive written confirmation of all reservations booked directly by your client with us onboard. At that point, you will simply pick up the reservation management process at Step 4.
Because Atlantis & Atlantis Events value travel agent efforts, we protect agency commissions for repeat guests. In the name of fairness, however, we also protect our direct bookings. Because tremendous marketing efforts are made by Atlantis Events, Inc. to acquire new guests, our longstanding policy has been that any guest who has booked directly with Atlantis in the past three years is non-commissionable to a travel agent. As we align the guidelines of the two brands, individual guest profiles will be updated to reflect whether that guest is considered direct or agent-commissionable for both brands. The last booking on either brand will determine direct or agent-commissionable status moving forward for both brands for each guest.
In order to protect your client’s privacy, we will only provide personally identifiable information (PII) about your client or their reservation with us directly to you, their agent. All agency requests for PII must come from the booking agent.
We encourage you to experience our vacations firsthand. Atlantis Events vacations are available to full-time employees of travel agencies for a net non-commissionable rate. You may bring one travel companion per employee at this rate. Part time employees and outside sales staff are not eligible for this discount. Proof of employment in the form of an IATA card will be required.
Agency rates are available upon request and availability varies from trip to trip. Please inquire directly about our current offers.
Regular reservation rules, payment schedule, and cancellation policies apply. Single rooms are available for the normal supplement charge. Please call us for current rates. Payment for agency discount travel must be made by agency check and credit cards are not accepted.
Earned Space: Depending on overall sales targets for any given cruise, we may offer an earned-space bonus to our travel agent partners. If this bonus is offered, we will communicate all the details here on our Agent Page.
Selling our vacations is a privilege available only to bona fide travel agents who meet high customer service and image standards. Agents must have a valid IATA or CLIA identification to be eligible to serve as an authorized Atlantis Events agent.
Travel agents may not receive commissions on booking themselves on an Atlantis Events vacation unless they have booked at least four other clients within the previous twelve months. Exceptions are possible in limited circumstances but must be approved in advance by Atlantis Events.
Travel agents may not claim commissions on individual guests added to groups that have booked directly with Atlantis Events during the previous 3 years.
Travel agents may submit name changes for their clients that cancel rooms within penalty periods, however, the agent may not claim commissions on the replacement guests if they had booked directly with Atlantis Events within the previous 3 years.
To maintain the quality and integrity of our guest experience, Agents may not solicit clients while traveling on Atlantis Events vacations. No Agency who has had an agent travel on Atlantis Events may book or “claim” a new client who is (1) not their original client and (2) has booked directly with Atlantis Events within the previous 3 years.
Guests may not request to move their agency relationship to a Travel Agent that they have traveled with on an Atlantis Events vacation, regardless of circumstances.